February 5, 2014

words.

I'm letting the honesty out with this post. I've been really anxious over Parker's development. His verbal development. He will be two in less than two months. He has said very very few words and seems totally uninterested in learning to speak. I spend hours a day going over items and their names. hours.
 With that said, he is extremely active. He climbs everything. Absolutely everything. In fact, he will drag a chair all the way across the room so he will climb it and then onto whatever it is he was wanting on top of. I am pulling him off tables and counters all the time!
Back to speaking though…I've been really struggling with questions over why he seems delayed. I've heard from many people that 2nd children often don't speak for a while. I've also been told that boys are typically slower to speak.
Here Parker is with William, who is about 16 months old and speaking clearly…The enemy uses times like this to just haunt me with lies that something is wrong with my baby.
 Then it clicked early this week as I watched my innocent and completely happy toddler. God is in control. God is his Father. He will talk. eventually. until then I will just relish each and every day of this stage in life we are in.

I must also document that this week P successfully puts together puzzles by himself. He gets really proud of himself and will clap and make a 'yay' sound.

smart man, just not verbal.  
 Then we've got Miss smarty pants herself learning to write her letters. She loves to learn. Lately we've been learning our alphabet, numbers, counting, & writing.
 and this one IS verbal! very, very, very verbal!

No comments:

Post a Comment