February 17, 2014

Traditions

I've always been a sucker for alliterations. You know... 'Tony the tiger tastes tacos'. Hence, my previous blog title 'Letters from the Lyles'. Well, on a blog I read, this girl plans out her menu on Monday and calls it 'Menu Planning Monday'.  I loved it!!!  For me it just makes an otherwise often procrastinated or altogether forgotten event fun and easy to remember! So while 'menu planning monday' isn't quite a tradition like my blog title implies, it is a routine that I wish to use to make my life more simple. So here is this weeks. done and done.



Now for the traditions: I've really been trying to incorporate some fun in our everyday lives and goodness knows I need something to keep my memory working. I thought that that same fun alliteration idea from above would be good for other 'every day' kind of fun! I just want to create some memories that will trigger some nostalgia later on! 

Up first (one that I'm starting today) is 'Muffins on Monday'. Anything to put some cheer on a Monday right? Today I attempted some 'from scratch' strawberry muffins! 



 Friday we will have 'Friday Fun Night' with pizza, games & a movie! 

Saturday, after spending our day with Mimi we will come home to 'Sandwiches and Sweets!' 
This weekend we had an estate sale at Memaw's house. Blakely and Parker had an AMAZING day! I would have laughed if you had told me that would be the most entertaining thing they would have done all week!




take a look for yourself at the sheer exhaustion from the yard sale 
 and it wore Zizi out too!

Although I don't have a creative name for it, Sundays after church I want to make a tradition of going somewhere fun! Here is what we got to do yesterday! Clint got to enjoy some much needed time with a friend riding his bike for the first time in a very long time, so I talked Kaki and Wolfie into meeting us at the park and nature trail.



 I don't think Parker even knew this existed in life! He was in Heaven!!!








 not the best shoe choice for a wet, icky hike in the woods!
 and then we made a stop at sweet frog for some yummy frozen yogurt! Very fun!
 Parker was so upset when his yogurt ran out. I think it is safe to say that he LOVED it!


No comments:

Post a Comment