February 13, 2014

Valentine's Prep

Well, Valentine's Day is tomorrow and love is in the air & just in the nick of time to lift all our spirits! My winter blues are getting out of control. Towards the end of January each year I have to really fight the tendency to wish time away before spring. Although I have gotten tons better about cherishing each and every day, sometimes when it is gloomy, cold and just icky I have many moments where I just daydream of spring flowers and pastel colors! Because I know this about myself, I have tried to really concentrate on Valentine's and make it a fun and joyful holiday to break up that long wait until temps get warmer and the sun shines brighter! 

I wanted to do something special for Blakely's teacher. She has taught Blakely so much and is just the nicest! Blakely actually made the final decision & below is what we settled on!
 As for Blakely's Valentine's to her friends we had plans to dip giant marshmallows in chocolate and sprinkles! Since school was cancelled for today, we didn't end up making them yet! I'll probably make just a few to enjoy for tomorrow and I'll share a picture after we get done.

I did get as far as printing out the valentine cards though!
 For the party, I was in charge of supplying the goodie bags! Blakely thinks since school was cancelled she gets all this candy…Hoping the party will be moved to Tuesday and not cancelled so we don't have so much junk food laying around the house--that wouldn't be good for anyone!

The coffee mug pictured is just one of my 'happy' mugs. I've gotten really bad about sipping coffee throughout every day lately. Like I said before, winter makes me sad. Coffee makes me happy. Enough said.
Finally getting Blakely's V-Day shirt! I picked something that can be worn well after Valentine's since I was so late in making it! Better late than never I guess right?

 My little helper!
Here is the finished product! Hopefully she will cooperate and wear it tomorrow! 

I'll be making those fun marshmallow pops later in the day and I'll share once they are all made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment