February 11, 2014

Cabin Fever

It is quite hard to keep life interesting for these two when the great outdoors isn't a viable option. I am SO ready for spring. We've definitely got cabin fever!!! So here are a few pictures to perfectly describe our days cooped up inside…

First up is a picture captured of the kids obsessively watching Queen Elsa sing 'Let it Go'
We watched this video over 20 times!
Seeing Parker in this hat just made me remember that I grabbed a bunch of boy dress up clothes after Halloween at Target this year for about $1 a piece and originally thought it might have been a waste...Well, he has constantly played with our fireman hats for two weeks! Now I'm excited I grabbed all of those costumes! I'm thinking it'll make the perfect gift next month for his 2nd birthday! I can't believe he big enough to play dress up!
Mimi bought Parker this plane last Friday at the mall and he hasn't put it down yet. He loves it so much!
He even sleeps with it!
and take a look at this adorable jacket! I could just eat him up!
Here are some more pictures of my man playing with his planes and cars!
It amazes me to watch the two kids and how different they are. Parker is ALL boy and Blakely is ALL girl. It is truly like little boys have tendencies upon birth to get into everything, play with cars, tools and love dirt. B is reserved, plays with pink ponies, princesses, her pink castle, and dresses up in her princess dresses all. day. every. day.
He is so content playing. Take a look at that hat! I walked in the room to him with it on his head! I love how he is constantly putting hats on! It cracks me up so much!
Just recently Parker has been enjoying coloring! We bought him his very first coloring book the other day (Curious George) since all the ones we currently have are very girly! He is actually pretty great at coloring! 

Also, I need to speak about our speech improvement over this past week! I've heard Parker attempt multiple words!!! Juice, Zizi, What's That, Daddy, Duck, Yay, Ball and Momma! Very proud to see improvements! Maybe by that two year appointment we will be in a good place and no need for intervention!
 And nothing cures cabin fever like a dark roast coffee with a pink coffee sleeve! Sweet Clint surprised me with it this morning! It's the little things in life like a cup of coffee that make me stop and smile.

Up next on the blog is Valentine's prep…in hopes that Blakely will make it Thursday for the big party!!! 

I love Valentine's day! Have I mentioned that before? Really, I love it! It gives us a reason to celebrate in such an otherwise drab season of the year…I'm super excited that the kids are getting old enough to understand and enjoy celebrations! A big reason I love Valentine's and other holidays are the themes that they bring along side them! And we all know how much I LOVE themes!!! I still haven't gotten their Valentine's outfits made, but that is on the agenda for today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment