November 26, 2013

Three Little Turkeys

Although my house currently looks like the North Pole, I am still trying to soak in Thanksgiving. I will admit, I even put Blakely in a Christmas dress last Sunday! I am that crazy person putting the tree up at the end of October. But anyways, back to Thanksgiving...
 I am thankful for the still moments. Moments I'm not rushing. Moments I am just able to stare at this tiny creation and love on her.
 I am thankful for joy. With the crazy that these kids produce, also comes joy. Joy so overflowing that I feel my heart might burst.
 I am thankful for moments of sweetness from this little one. Sometimes I feel like they are far and few between, but then those sweet, kind, innocent words will surface and I suddenly feel like one day I won't be fighting a losing battle.
 I'm thankful for the absolutely stunning trees I've seen this fall! I don't know if I've never noticed in years past, or if they are especially spectacular this year...
 The sweetness of innocence...does it get any better than this?
 I am thankful for encouraging friends. Lately, The Lord has put so many encouraging friends in my path.
 Being a stay at home mom. I am SO very thankful for that!
 I'm thankful for hilarious moments. Probably only funny to me, since I am her Momma...but comic relief in the midst of tantrums gives my heart a break!
 Love. I am thankful for Love.
 Apple Cider, Coffee, Diet Cokes, an occasional Mello Yello...silly as it may seem, these things bring me a lot of joy and I am thankful for them!
 Children laughing. They don't even have to be my children...I just love the sound!
 I am thankful for quiet mornings. There is little I appreciate more than mornings where I wake up and have a few moments to spend with The Lord (alone) & prepare myself for the day.
 Health. With all the sickness everywhere, I am EXTREMELY thankful for health!
 I am thankful for our house. I enjoy it every single day and feel blessed to live there.
 Clint's job. I am so thankful for the people he works for and that he is happy there.
 I am thankful for family.
 I am thankful for weekends with Daddy.
 I am thankful that in the midst of rushing through each day, my kids will often make me 'stop and smell the roses'
 I am thankful that these babies are safe in His arms, and their life isn't in my hands.
 I am thankful for pictures and the memories they capture.
 companionship.
 patience. I couldn't live today without the gift of patience.
I am thankful for holidays. Food, festivities, and family!
And one last thing that I am most thankful for: perspective. I've got it some days & others not even close! Those days I've got it though, wow--amazing to see God and truly grasp how important it is to bring Him glory.

2 comments: