November 11, 2013

Leaves

Blakely got a really cool rake for her birthday from her Kaki in May and hasn't been able to put it to use yet. Today she looked outside and asked if we could go rake the leaves...
 After showing her how to rake, she lasted about 18 seconds before throwing her rake down and telling me it was not fun.
 I decided to continue on however, since the yard needed a good raking.
 We made a BIG leaf pile, which B thoroughly enjoyed!
 In the midst of watching her, completely content in playing in God's natural creation, peace filled me up.
 It is in that moment, my heart felt full.
 It amazes me how one tiny being can create so much stress and so much joy all at the same time.
 These are the moments I will forever cherish.
 yep, my heart is full.



No comments:

Post a Comment