November 1, 2013

Festivities

We got to have a lot of fun this past week! Monday, Mr. Watson came over for some fun pumpkin painting. I had intentions of planning a pumpkin painting party, but it just didn't happen this year! Blakely has made a new best buddy! The last time she saw Watson, she was upset that he was 'too little' and now she has been asking every single day, multiple times if he can come play. I LOVE that she is getting to an age where she loves other people and has fun with them.



 and then after he left, we painted some more, because after all, this is Blakely's FAVORITE pastime.




 Wednesday, we walked up to Kerri's house to head to Carnival at Shades! Batman and Tinkerbell (Raffe was Tink also...)

Elle came for a visit dressed as Ariel!


 Parker was EVERYWHERE! He wanted in the Jump-Jump with the big kids,
 and in he went!
 Cookie walk!

 I think this is the first time Blakely didn't want to hold my hand...tear/excited for the independence!

The next morning we got dressed up for the Community Helper parade at school. Don't let this sweet picture fool you, Blakely did NOT want to dress up as a community helper. We went through being a doc, vet, baker, fireman, and teacher only to end up as a doc in the end...

We have this rule at home--I pick what you wear out in public and you pick at home...to avoid melt downs like this! Well, I broke my rule and gave her a choice...BAD MISTAKE, that will NEVER be made again. 

I'll end by stating that while driving off from dropping her off I noticed that she stripped off the stethoscope (the only accessory associating her with being a doctor) and the 'lab coat' lasted only a minute... 



Whilst Sister was at school throwing fits from exhaustion, Parker and I headed over to a friend's house for a little get together. 

Like I said, lots of fun this week-now onto Thanksgiving!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment