October 22, 2013

'Temp' & an update

Blakely's paradise--her temp (tent). We made this the other day and she has talked about it ever since! I love her southern drawl. It has surfaced just over the past few weeks. She says words that Clint and I will look at each other questioning where she has ever heard words pronounced with such 'southerness'. 







 I haven't done an update on Little Miss Priss in a really long time so here it is...

Lately, our 3 year old is either all up (happy, jumping, dancing, hugging, kissing, etc) or way down (whiny and just mad). I would say at this point we are talking 60/30 which is way up from just a few months ago! There was such a time where I would say she was grumpy at least 95% of the time...no exaggeration there! We have this saying-no grumps allowed in the house-you have to go to your room to shake those grumpy's away or in some cases sleep them away!

This leads me to napping, B has pretty much done away with napping...about 2 days out of the week I will find her passed out on the hardwoods mid-play. She will have toys in hand and face down...I try to make her have 'quite' time in her room sometime around 2 everyday but don't really enforce it whatsoever. The doctor seemed to think that at this age it was really important to still be napping, but this girl just does better most days without that nap! I just try to go by instinct & for us going to bed easily and early at night is SO much more necessary than a mid day nap!


Let's see what else? Food-she seems to be doing better in the food department! I have done away with expectations of eating what we eat for dinner and just give her things I think she will eat. Yep, I'm that parent...I give her snacks of which I'm pretty sure she grows on. She loves almond milk and would probably drink a gallon a day if I let her. She loves gummies and they are a big bargaining tool around here.


Blakely is very opinionated in what she wears-always has been and is more so now than ever before! We have had a rule for a couple of months now that seems to make things run a whole lot smoother-I pick what she wears when we are leaving the house and she picks every other time. Sometimes this means that we go through over 10 outfits a day, but it is something that she loves!

 Blakely loves to paint. She begs me every day if we can paint. She loves crafts & would prefer crafts to playing outside every time. She is still not a risk taker, but has recently become a lot more active. Just yesterday while swinging she totally freaked out because she was swinging too high! Just not very adventurous and doesn't seek an adrenaline rush-hmmm wonder where she gets that from?
 She tells me that she loves me over 25 times a day. She is happiest when she first wakes up in the morning. She still loves headbands and wears them everywhere, even to bed. She loves school and all of her new friends. She is becoming so much more outgoing than ever before. Every time we pass our church (which is very often since we live within walking distance) she tells us that is where 'glakely' goes to school.


No comments:

Post a Comment