March 17, 2013

our normal

Our normal around here looks a lot different than I ever imagined. I don't honestly know exactly what I imagined raising two kids to be like-but this is way different. I will start by saying that I absolutely love my children with all of my heart and couldn't see my life any other way, but this is hard.

Really really hard.

Parker is at an age where he isn't advanced enough to do all the exploring he wants to do and I stop him from basically all his attempts. I'll sum up 95% of my day looking after Parker: screaming. Blakely is still whining non-stop. I have tried everything I can think of and it doesn't end. The whining might as well be nails on a chalkboard. Blakely doesn't like to share and claims every single toy as hers. They both want me to carry them around 100% of every day and scream when they are the one being left out.

Then sometimes things like this happen...

 and this...

 and this...
 and this...
 and they crawl all over me...
 and crawl all over daddy...

and I am reminded that there are so much good that outweighs the bad.  These are God's children and he chose me to watch after them while on this Earth. 

so when something like this happens from a grumpy yucky moody 3 year old...
yes those are teeth marks
I just have to stay focused and realize that I am doing the best that I can do. So don't let them fool you! (you know all those gals out there pretending like everything is perfect and they have it all together)

1 comment:

  1. OMG poor parker!! When Aiden 1st started going to daycare he was the kid that got bit. Like everyday!

    I feel ya on the craziness! Aiden's new favorite word is "No"...ugh! The new punishment that seems to be working in my house is toy time out. You don't behave that fav toy is put away aka the garage. And if you whine or cry about it, you get put in timeout yourself (your room with the door shut). After a few minutes of pouting hes back to normal, but the toy is still in lockup for the day.

    I don't do timeout in the same room, because hearing the crying I think is worse on me and my ears! lol

    ReplyDelete