March 29, 2013

Project Master & Fence

We are in the midst of some remodeling...It has been a bit more stressful than I had imagined! Every little thing that we check off our list makes such a difference! So far we have re-done the master bath & taken up mounds of ivy in the backyard & put up a fence for the kiddos and Zizi. 

I am trying VERY hard to stick to my 'one project at a time' rule... I made a list of everything that we are wanting to do and it filled up two entire pages. 

Here are our first two projects checked off =)
Here we have our Teeeeny Tiny master bath...so tiny in fact that it is nearly impossible to get a shot. I'll have to describe it in words-
*bathroom floor -brown and tan tile & really gross
*toilet: um really really gross
*all silver bathroom fixtures were super duper gross
*sink-I can't even put this into words...
*shower-i showered in here once & that is when we made the decision that this would be project #1...



 gutted & sheetrock in place.




 and the finished product:






and this is what the master bedroom looked like from previous owners:

 and after:




I couldn't find any curtains that I liked so I drug my mom to the fabric store and stitched these right up. I.am.in.LOVE.
Backyard: Oh where do I start? This project might just kill me. I have learned over the past few months that I am apparently have an enormous ivy allergy. Not just poison ivy-English ivy. So yeah-Not sure how long this little project is going to take. I've moved on to the front yard for now...now that the fence is up. I am desperately trying to ignore it.

Before:


and after...



Today was spent painting Blakely's room. Now all that is left to paint are the den, hall bath & Parker's room. Also, all of the closets and inside the kitchen cabinets need to be addressed but I'm saving all that fun stuff for way on down the list. I am simultaneously attempting to attack the front yard as I said before because I want to have flowers planted and beautiful for the spring. While I'm working in the yard I keep wanting to go ahead and change out our front door & paint the shutters. Also, seriously debating painting our house white. 

I painted the kitchen and needed to finish that before moving on to Blakely's room-not really sure what happened there. Two walls are currently blank and I want to paint our little rolling island. I know what I want to do on those walls but here again we have some major projects that they entail. 

May I just throw out there that I had no idea how hard even the smallest of projects are when you are trying to be a full time stay at home mommy. I'll just go ahead and admit that A LOT of my work is very sloppy these days. I've had to seriously kick the perfectionism side of me to the curb. 

1 comment:

  1. I always say if you can survive through a remodel project your marriage is rock solid! haha <---speaking from experience (completely gutted 98% of our house while preggo and newborn)

    ReplyDelete