March 28, 2013

12 Months Old

What a fun little boy you are! You will always be my little baby, but I am somewhat sad to say that 'little boy' more defines this stage in your life. You are on the go-constantly! You LOVE Zizi's water bowl and if I ever leave it out my mistake you find it immediately. You love Zizi so much. You laugh and laugh at her. You pull her ears. You pat her paws. You are mesmerized. 
You have recently become very attached to your bunny lovie. You prefer it to others & carry it around. Sometimes I'll watch you dig your face in it and rub it all around. You still suck your thumb, although not very often. It mostly happens when you are very tired and going to sleep in your crib.
You now have 4 teeth on top and 4 on bottom (this past month was a rough one for you...) With the teething & two colds along with asthma-we had some long nights (and days for that matter!)

You seem to be feeling completely better though and loving life just as usual this week! Thank goodness you felt great for your party Saturday! I think you really had fun at your party. You smiled the entire time and thoroughly enjoyed all of the attention.
You still love tv, especially My Baby Can Read. Lately I have been really having to work with you climbing up to it and staring less than 3 inches from the screen. You love to be read to & sung to. You love your Mommy and find her wherever she is. You will crawl to me and then with both arms grab onto my pants and look up at me and just grunt.
*Weight-25 pounds, 8 oz (75-90%)
*Length-30.75 inches (75%)
*You are still in size 4 diapers.
*We swapped you to whole milk on your b'day (or a couple of days ahead) and you didn't skip a beat, however you do not drink it cold and don't see that happening anytime soon. You still love your bottle & I'm not sure how we are going to phase it out. Blakely just transitioned without any trouble at all but you seem to really not like any of the sippy cups I've bought.
*You eat whatever we eat basically. Lately you have been loving oatmeal for breakfast, a grilled cheese for lunch & whatever we are eating for dinner. You love chicken, pizza & bread (YAY!) Maybe you won't be as picky as your big sis.
You love being outside. You are very observant & calm when we are out there. I cannot wait for spring and an end to these frigid days. I will put up your water table and I'm sure it will entertain you for hours!
I see walking in the near future (of course I was saying that about B for months before she actually started really walking great). You are a pro at holding on and walking around tables and couches. You will stand for  30 minutes straight sometimes.
I think you are looking more and more like your sister as you grow. Below is a picture of Blakely at 12 months.
Really, y'all both look like daddy =)

Always looking to feed your P.I.C.
Dearest Parker,
I tell you this every month, I know, but I love you so much-with all my heart! You are such an amazing blessing to me and this family. You truly complete us & we feel so full having you here with us. You bring joy in the hard days and a sense of calmness on the hectic days. I love you my man, my buddy, my little friend.

hard to believe we have come from this never-ending 'special' cry to this little angel man!
Happy one year old birthday!

All my heart,
Momma

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Parker!! And I love his cute first birthday party!

    ReplyDelete