July 2, 2012

The Lake

 This weekend I decided to attempt a trip with these two...(something that totally changed our plans for this week of going to the beach for the 4th.) Let me just say that i am EXHAUSTED from our 'relaxing' weekend at the lake. After much thought and deliberation, I decided that a 5 hour trip to the beach for a week was out of the question. (at least while P is this young) I'm gonna give him another month or so before I attempt that one!  Our weekend started a little something like this...a 2 hour car ride hearing the same 5 songs over and over via Blakely's request. Let me tell you from experience, Elmo will make you feel really crazy after 2 hours! It was either that or hear constant screaming-we chose elmo...



Our nights were interesting. I attempted to sleep in the same bed as Blakely. I know lots of Mommy's out there do this on a regular basis but I am not one of them. I love my sleep and so does she. There have been many nights where she will scream out to me needing something that she accidently dropped. After I pick it up she always tells me 'night night momma-bye bye, Blakely sleepy.' in other words get out!!!

Anyways, when I crawled into bed around 10 she didn't even notice. (YAY!) THEEEN at 2 she woke up-and I mean WOKE up! She was jumping on the bed having a ball. Asking me to sing songs while poking all over my face...not fun at 2am! All the while I am literally praying our little Parker doesn't wake up since he is in our room too! This party lasted until she finally passed out around 4:30am and then you know who woke up! Fun times for this Momma!  
On a positive note-she loved the water this year. Last year she hated it! She did great letting me put sunscreen all over and didn't mind having her floaties on. Also, she did MUCH better the second night =)













Below is a pic from last year in July  
And this year...
Funny what difference one year makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment