May 20, 2012

When it rains...

It pours...

What a day  What a month it has been for the Lyles...
Let us start with today. I get Blakely ready and head to church. Clint stayed back with Parker since his colic is so bad. I walk to my car after the service is over and ta-da glass has been shattered from Blakely's window & drum roll please my purse has been stolen. 3 major credit cards, cell phone, drivers license, um around $2,000 worth of cash (we are doing the Dave Ramsey cash system), insurance cards, you name it, they got it!
This whole ordeal will end up costing us around $3,000 minimally.

I have sat here all day and hundreds of times thought through all the 'what-ifs'...I have been beating myself up about why in the heck I had all that with me...But, what's done is done--lesson learned. ALWAYS have your guard up and think the worst about everyone and every situation. I'm 100% sure these scumbags were watching me since my purse was hidden underneath my seat and nothing else in my car was touched. They racked up around $4K at Foot Locker, Wal-Mart, Macy's and getting gas...

Needless to say, I've been on the phone all day dealing with all this.

Let's get to some other goodies this month...

Never ending hospital bills $3,000
Dryer broke $200
Ray Bans broke in half $175
Blakely, Parker and I all got sick
Mac went dead-all videos gone (trips, marriage, Blakely's birth-2 years...) in fact, everything was gone $225 to repair
Mac keyboard died $50
Job Clint was promised-fell through PRICELESS! (Current job is beyond misreable)
Zizi's vet bill $170
Clint's blue tooth & my headphones for phones both went dead $100
Dad almost had a heart attack...

Grand Total in case you don't feel like adding=$6,920. Ha!


Let's please not forget that all this is with a one month old.......with colic.

Life is good.

If you read my blog, please pray for us. We really need it.

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart and in a church parking lot. HORRIBLE! Definitely have had those kinda months...I will be thinking of yall and hope the sunshine comes out soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, thanks for posting real life... Thankful that we serve a God who provides for us. Praying for you right now, that you would have grace for today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete