May 22, 2012

A stake in the ground

A while back someone told me a story about a family that was having such a hard time. I can't remember who or what the circumstances were-all I remember is that God somehow someway spoke to the little boy in the family. They had all been questioning God and his existence. and it was abundantly clear the message was from the Lord. At that moment the mother had an idea to go put a stake in the ground so they would always remember that moment.

Today was my 'stake in the ground' moment. I'll share with you the devotion that I read today:

'When things don't go how you had planned, accept it immediately. If you indulge in feelings of regret, they can easily spill over the line into resentment. Remember that I am sovereign over all of your circumstances, and humble yourselves under My mighty hand. Rejoice in what I am doing in your life, even though it is beyond your understanding.

I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. In Me you have everything you need, both for this life and the life to come. Don't let the impact of the world shatter your thinking or draw you away from focusing on Me. The ultimate challenge is to keep fixing your eyes on me, no matter what is going on around you. When I am central in your thinking, you are able to view your circumstances from My perspective.'

1 Peter 5:6-11
'Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen.'

No comments:

Post a Comment