May 25, 2012

Our 2 Year Old!

Blakely,
You are my heart. I love you more than more! 
You now weigh 26 pounds (50%), 12 oz & are 35" long (75-90th%)
 You absolutely LOVE outside. You would stay outside all day if I let you. You have to have a pair of sunglasses when you go.
 You love to go to all our flowers and point them out. You love to have me put a flower behind your ear. Lately you try so hard to tell me what color each of them are. Half of the time you are right-that makes me so proud! Also, you can count to 3 and do it often.
 You love love love sidewalk chalk. Whenever we play with it, you will tell me to draw a sunshine and a flower. You will then tell me over and over that it is in fact a sunshine and flower that I have drawn. The chalk sometimes makes it inside the house and you will try to sneak around coloring all over the house. (This isn't just chalk that goes throughout the house) =)
 Whenever I open the back door, I will see you in a full sprint screaming 'water table, water table!' You would play with it for hours on end if I let you. Typically you want your shirt 'on' as soon as you get even a drop of water on it. As I mentioned last month, you don't like wearing clothes; well that carries on to this month as well. You would much rather be naked all the time than ever wear clothes.
 You are very meticulous! You know exactly what you want to play with and what you want it to do or where it should go. If things don't go exactly as you wish-you will throw a fit my dear. I'm afraid the apple doesn't fall far from the tree on this one. Sorry!
 You love your friend and neighbor Sophia. She is moving to Aniston in a month and we are all really saddened by this. You get so excited when you see her and absolutely love playing with her.
 The bouncy house is more of her thing-you aren't much of a 'thrill seeker'. She will bounce and bounce while you constantly slide down the slide.
 You do love the slide though!
 The kitchen is more of your scene. We will miss this little one so much!
 You are such a caring, loving, and wonderful big sister. The first thing I hear in the morning after you wake up is 'Parkey'. You love to watch and help take care of him. You bring me different pacis and try to shove them in his mouth. You love to 'hold Parkey' along with many hugs and kisses. Don't worry, Parkey loves you too!
 You LOVE to milk boo-boos! I bought you some Cinderella 'rella' bandaids to make boo-boos better! Let me just tell you-you will point out that bandaid 200+ times a day if there is one on you. Here you are pointing out your 'rella'.
 You are turning into such a beautiful little girl. If I had a dollar for every time I heard 'she is so beautiful', well I would be one rich Momma! You're my little beauty queen (even when you cry!)

Some other funny things you started doing this month:
1) Bump it (stick your fist out and get us to bump your hand)--thanks to Brian
2) Shake you head up and down for yes instead of answering yes and back & forth for no instead of answering no.
3) Jumping all over the place
4) Dancing tons more
 You love reading! I would think it's safe to say you ask me to read at least 2/3 of every day. You hear one story and then immediately want to hear it again. The potty book you got for your birthday stays in the bathroom for 'potty time' and you will spend many many minutes in there only to hear your book.
 You love relaxing while watching Sesame Street and World World. The morning is your favorite time of day. You will just sit back with everyone and drink your milk while watching your shows. We have had the pleasure to have many many mornings just like this one below. Thank you Daddy for letting me stay at home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment