January 31, 2012

A project, oh and MY BABY CAN READ!

I have been trying so hard to get all of Blakely's clothes made for Spring/Summer lately since I will not be sewing for quite some time when our little buddy decides to join us! I saw something similar to this dress in a store for an obscene amount of mulah...Soooo I decided to try my hardest to recreate the fuzzy image that remained in my head.  I am happy to say that some of my college education in apparel merchandising has come to really help me in situations like this, thus saving us tons of money!

Anyways, here it is!

Yep, you read the title of my post right. Last night while I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner Blakely was sitting in the corner reading to herself (jibber jabber of course). Let me say really quick that she repeats herself often these days i.e. she will say elmo, elmo, elmo, elmo, elmo, elmo when she sees elmo, read, read, read, read, read, read if she wants you to read, strawberry, strawberry strawberry-you guessed it-if she wants a strawberry. Anyways, I kept hearing what sounded like 'all-done' over and over and glanced down at her seeing her with both her arms in the air. Confused, I looked down at the book (a My Baby Can Read Book) and saw the words 'arms up'. I started totally freaking out and ran up immediately to tell Daddy! Genius I tell you, genius! 


No comments:

Post a Comment