July 30, 2017

Tonsils are the WORST!

P man takes after his Momma. I had these tonsils once upon a time-and at 23 I had them removed. It was so traumatic an experience for me that I've been putting off the inevitable for Parker for over 2 years now. I just couldn't bare the thought of him undergoing such pain as I did. 

I talked to many many many people who claimed it isn't so bad for a child though, which gave me some good hope! After one scary night of sleep apnea, Clint and I decided...let's get these suckers out before Kindergarten starts!!!
 When your tonsils are touching...you know it's bad!

I really amped up this surgery--and never once called it surgery of course. Since we are regulars at Children's Parker really wasn't scared pulling up in the parking deck! He was quite excited that whatever was about to happen was going to end in A LOT of popsicles, ice cream and "100 hours of pad time".
 We checked into the hospital at 8:15 and waited...
 and waited.
 and waited...
 finally around 10 we made it back to our room!
 After answering a gazillion questions and a 20 minute procedure, our buddy was back in our room around 12:30!!! VERY UNHAPPY! He was NOT expecting this. OOPS!
 He quickly fell asleep though after getting a slushy down and they let us go after an hour of watching him.
 He has done great with the surgery over all. Day 2-4 have been hard. We are starting day 6 today and I've heard 7-10 are the hardest...We shall see!!!
One thing is for certain...I'm SO glad those monsters are GONE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment