July 15, 2017

Red Mnt Park and ICE CREAM

I've really wanted the family to go on a hike this summer! So, one hot and muggy Saturday, I thought it was the perfect day! FINALLY no rain! (although I'm very thankful for all the rain this summer seeing how last summer was an extreme drought.) What I didn't account for was all the wet humidity!!! Red Mnt Park has some of the coolest tree houses, so off we went exploring to find them!!!

 We walked and walked until I finally decided these tree houses might be miles away...eeek.
 While holding AK and a big ole' bag I finally brought up an app on my phone that verified what I thought...So we turned around and made our 30 min trek back to the car. The kiddos had fun playing a scavenger hunt along the way and I'm pretty sure they weren't fazed by the heat! Us adults on the other hand...we were fully aware!
 Maybe in the fall I'll come prepared with the bob and a backpack and we will visit those tree houses!!!

On the way home I made Clint stop at The Bluff Park Ice Cream Shoppe! It was so so yummy. (as if I needed more sweets...)

 Kiddos had fun and that's my main goal-so who cares if I put on an extra 5 lbs from our pit stop, right?!? #makingmemories



No comments:

Post a Comment