April 26, 2013

13 Months

Parker,
You have been quite the sickling lately! These allergies are really hitting you hard and seeming to give you little relief. I don't love pumping you with Zyrtec, but it seems to give you a break from feeling so crummy. Your eyes are typically glued shut whenever you wake from napping. 

Even with all the yuckiness, you are quite happy most of the time. You do love to cuddle especially when you aren't feeling your best. You love the TV...I let you watch Curious George most mornings while I'm trying to get everyone ready and you are so fascinated with it!
 You are full of personality. You love when we laugh at you! You will just laugh right back.
 You are getting in to EVERYTHING! and I mean everything. You love Zizi's water bowl, wall outlets, sister's teeny tiny toys, cabinets, doors, windows with blinds, oh and especially the potty. You make me tired these days.
 You love your bottle, but it better be hot! You are not giving in to my weening attempts at taking it room temperature & you can forget about my feeble attempts at serving it cold.
 You are very hard to hold. You make absolutely no effort to hold on, in fact you actually tilt your body back in almost a horizontal position. With this in mind, you want to be held 100% of every day. Nothing makes you madder than when I walk past you. You will crawl like a mad man after me and if (Heaven forbid) I walk past you a second time-my ears will ring for days!
 I would say you are most content when someone is holding you while standing up and walking around. I don't think I've ever heard you cry in that position.
 You love the park, outside, being read to, anything in your sister's room, baths, Blakely giving you attention. You absolutely do not love when Blakely tells you 'no'. It seriously hurts your feelings....I on the other hand tell you no and it doesn't phase you-go figure.
 You love your giraffe lovie and always prefer it to anything else. You snuggle it up to your face while sucking your thumb often. Most days that I get you up from sleeping you have one hand wrapped around this monkey's leg or tail and the other hand tightly gripping your giraffe lovie. Not sure what your 'Raffe' will be but my money is on this giraffe!
 I am sad to announce that you are starting to be a terrible eater! You love applesauce and yogurt but that is about it. It makes me want to cry because at your age Blakely would eat so much more than that. I am trying very hard to nip this behavior in the bud but you just refuse everything! oh no...
 You are still wearing a size 4 diaper, eating 3, 8 oz bottles of milk and 2, 6 oz sippys a day with meals and snacks between (when you will actually eat that is), You just started standing up for about 20 seconds at a time yesterday actually. I'm guessing walking is in your near future?? You bring us so much happiness!
I love you so much sweet man. You are the light of my life & I am so lucky to have you! Hopefully this summer weather will hit soon and all your yuckiness will fade!

No comments:

Post a Comment