January 5, 2011

2 Corinthians 5:20

"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

This verse just stuck out to me this morning. I was actually reading 5:7 (walk by faith, not by sight) according to my devotion reading and then went on to really meditate on the above passage. It hit me so hard because for the first time I realized the importance of my actions. Simply put, I represent Christ. What I say, how I spend my time, what I put importance on, everything SHOULD reflect Christ. How could anyone possibly be led by my example as my life is? Our entire purpose on this earth, this whole life is so that we can show others God's love-wow-sometimes I just have these moments of realization.

By sending Christ, perfect and wonderful, we are able to start over and attempt righteousness. Without Christ, we are nothing.

I challenge you to memorize this verse & remember that we are representing Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment