January 5, 2011

New Years Commitments to the Lord

Although coming a week late via blog-I had in fact already come up with these "Resolutions" awhile back. being the 5th of January-pretty much every single resolution has been broken...as always! This year however, I refuse to give up! I have changed my approach & decided I am officially committing these things to the Lord & will daily strive to accomplish to have an image similar to His (with His help of course!)

1) I will make wise choices concerning my health.
2) I will practice self-control.
3) I will not spread gossip or listen to rumors.
4) I will choose my words wisely.
5) I will strive to keep my eyes on Christ in every moment.
6) I will count my many blessings one-by-one each and every day.
7. I will try to be positive and keep a positive attitude.
8. I will let go of past regrets.
9. I will live every single day to the fullest.
10. I will stop watching programs that are trash & severely limit TV intake-I will remember that Blakely will be led by example.
11. I will concentrate on what God knows about me rather than what people think or what they say about me.
12. I will exercise a minimum of 5 times a week.
13. I will be completely content with the possessions that I have.
14. I will be content in every circumstance.
15. I will hug Clint every single day & let him know how thankful I am for all that he has provided in my life.
16. I will walk/exercise Zizi every day.
17. I will not be selfish.
18. I will discuss & concentrate on one verse per week!
19. I will serve those in need on a regular basis.
20. I will pray that God shows me opportunities to better His glory & serve others.
21. I will go to God with problems & not to other people. Instead of complaining to others-be an encourager & listener.
22. I will worry less & trust God more.
23. I will relax and not obsess over organization, order & perfection! (probably my hardest desire)
24. I will read through the entire Bible this year.
25. I will not miss one Sunday this year at Church.
26. I will read through this list, my blessing list and prayer list every single day.
27. I will stop judging others & remember how much I have been forgiven.

Okay-there you have it! My hope is that over time-with much effort-these characteristics will come easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment