May 17, 2015

Month #3

What a month it has been, my sweet Alli Kate. You have grown so much this month. 
You were dedicated to The Lord this month!
We don't have a doc visit this month to get your stats but you are 12 pounds (according to a home scale)
You eat around every 3-4 hours.
At night you will fall asleep around 8:30 and wake up to eat sometime around 2:00! (lately it has been even a little bit later than that)
You concentrate intensely on faces and voices 
You laugh and smile all. the. time.
You have started 'talking' to us a lot. Lots of goos, gurgles, and chirps! Be still my heart!
If I could stop your growth, it would be here. I LOVE this age! Instead, I'm just trying my hardest to soak in every single second and seal it up in my memory.
I wish I was better with my words and could describe the love I have for you. You bring our family so much joy. You are joy.
I absolutely do not know what we did without you as a member of our family.
It has done me so much good to have you. I've had to let go of a lot of my obsessive tendencies. You force me to just go with the flow. We do not have a planned feeding schedule for you, so we just take it one day at a time--and it works! Really, we take it one hour at a time. It is freeing to live this way. You've allowed me to just let go of a lot of unnecessary stress. I am so thankful for that! I don't worry as much over mess or order. Also, having you has pushed me to trust fully in The Lord for strength and patience in the awesomely messy responsibility of having three children.
This month has also been hard. Wolfie went into the hospital with a ruptured large intestine on May 9. You were one of the only things to bring a smile to his face.
I said it in previous posts last week, but you LOVED the beach! You slept on the beach a lot. The times you were awake looked a whole lot like this. 
Oh sweet Alli Kate, I love you deeply. You have stretched my heart more than I ever imagined it could stretch. Thank you God, for my little blessing.
That. Smile. 
It makes my day--that smile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment