March 9, 2014

5 years

This past Friday I celebrated 5 years of marriage with Clint. Honestly, as I sit here I'm tearing up. It is very seldom when my mind and heart make a connection in understanding the grace of our God. Something I've heard my entire life is the amazing love of God and the grace he gives us. Today I feel that grace resonating in my heart. Clint is truly honestly a very vivid picture of The Lord's grace in my life. God protected me from some seriously self destructive relationships along the way and somehow I ended up with the most selfless, hardworking, loving, and respected man in the world. (I might be a teensy bit biased).

I had no idea what was in front of me upon graduating college. I was living in a bubble & was quite comfortable. For us life's hard times hit us early on. I am so extremely thankful for such an amazing man to walk through this race. I am very lucky and well aware of it!

He is absolutely the BEST dad in the world (something he inherited from his dad who modeled the role perfectly if you ask me!) His love of his children is amazing. It makes me so happy and if possible makes me love him even more. This kids are SO lucky to have him!

I didn't get any pictures of our date out Friday (yes, we FINALLY went on a date!) I think it has been probably over a year now….We went to the Cheesecake Factory and walked around the Summit. Nothing fancy, but very us. Perfect to me! We are headed to West Palm Beach in June to fully celebrate! Let the countdown begin!!!

So anyways, thank you Clint for everything. You are my everything on this earth and I am thankful for you every minute of every day. I truly do not take one second for granted with you by my side. You make me stronger and encourage me in so many ways. Thank you for pulling me towards our Savior, our true purpose on this earth. You are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment