February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Post #2

I love Valentine's Day-although I must admit this is a recent thing.  Having a family really made me appreciate the holiday. It makes me remember all of my precious blessings. My family, my home, my life. We had such a fun day today. Since it was absolutely beautiful we spent lots of time outside!!! I finally got to take zizi on that long walk I have been promising her for months now! She didn't know what to do with herself! I also got to try out Blakely's wagon that her Mimi gave her for Christmas! Then we decorated a fun Valentine's cake & some cupcakes. I finally braved it up to play with fondant today! Yay me! I have been really wanting to learn about cake decorating for about 2 years now. In fact 2 Christmases ago Clint and his mom gave me lots of fun Fondant supplies because I basically begged for them all--then I got REALLY intimidated! So I did what I always do and just pushed it aside & said "I'll learn that later". Well Blakely's #1 birthday will be here in a few short months (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?) & I want to do her cake with fondant. SO here is my very first attempt!

Ta-Da


And here are some pics of us playing outside!







And for dinner: Shrimp Fettucini Alfredo, Sparkling grape juice, bread 
with Fondue with bananas, strawberries and marshmallows.
YUMMY!

  
So I can officially admit that I over did the dessert menu:
Come take some from us so we don't gain a million pounds. 
We have Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Fondue
Peanut Butter Fudge
Chocolate Cake
& Chocolate Cupcakes

1 comment:

  1. The seventh picture with Blakely and Zizi looking both down is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete