March 14, 2015

Alli Kate-1 Month

My sweet baby girl, Alli Kate:
Well, here we are. You are ONE whole month old. 
You weigh 9 pounds 6 oz. (50%) & are 22.5" long (98%)

Since I didn't update with weights before now, I'll do it here:
2/12 7 lbs 6 oz (birth weight)
2/14 6 lbs 14 oz
2/21 6 lbs 13 oz (billy was at 15 and I was told to nurse, nurse, nurse)
2/28 7 lbs 12 oz (gained an entire pound in a week!!!)

What an easy baby you are. I think I've heard you cry no more than five times in one entire month! This is definitely a blessing that I am not taking for granted.
I'm so proud to say that I've successfully breastfed you for one month! =)
You are hungry anywhere between every 45 minutes-2 hours during the day and occasionally go 3 hours at night. It is such a different world compared to formula feeding, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Sometimes I feel sorry for your sister and brother because I have a patience with you that I never had with them. I truly love and cherish each and every second with you....middle of the night or middle of the day! 
I hear constantly that you are so beautiful, which you are if I do say so myself! 

We are having you sleep in a rock and play by our bed at night. I don't think I'll be able to put you in your crib anytime soon! I just don't think I could stomach being more than two feet from you.
You love sleeping on your tummy on my chest. Nothing soothes you faster. You absolutely do not like your paci anymore. You liked it for about a week and quickly preferred to comfort nurse, which is fine with Momma!
You are still asleep most of the days and all night (except of course while nursing). You might be awake a total of 2 hours per day.
Your brother gets concerned if he cannot find you and will exclaim "oh no, baby gone". When I show him where you are he seems so relieved. 
Sister absolutely adores and mothers you. She talks to you constantly. You are her 'best friend'.
I love having three.
You make life just that much sweeter.
I back searched the blog to find pictures of Blakely and Parker at one month to compare =)

Here we have Alli Kate:
Blakely
Blakely
and Parker
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say they are all going to favor Clint.


No comments:

Post a Comment