April 17, 2014

Lake Weekend

Last weekend we headed to the lake for some fun away while Clint visited Brian in Atlanta. The kids had such an amazing time... I've not seen Blakely that happy in..well. forever. She was giggling and smiling the whole weekend. 
 Wolfie woke up early Saturday wanting to take B on a ride in the kayak. I was really hesitant…There is just no telling what you will get with this little girl. I thought for sure she would hit the seat and just climb on out into the water. Honestly, I was quite nervous. 
 cheese.

 Off they go!
 She did amazing. She wasn't scared at all. 
 She just sat back and enjoyed the whole thing!
 It made my heart so happy to see this! 
 She loved it so much she begged to not get out. 
more 'cheeses'
I just love that sweet smile!
 Begging and bartering for more time in the kayak!
 so I told her she could go on another 'adventure in the ship' if she took a picture in front of the beautiful azaleas. 
 Look at those beauties.
 Mr. Snowball plant had a friend growing next to him. We transplanted him in my yard and I am SO EXCITED to see it grow! It might be my favorite!
 So then they went back at it & look what happened...
 She was so relaxed and happy that she fell asleep!
 After her little cat nap, she woke up full of energy and begging to swim. SWIM. The water could not have been a degree over 65. This girl got right in and claimed she was 'warm'. uh huh. 
 What a great uncle! Poor guy had to fish out his wet suit.
 This little fish is going to be one happy girl when summer finally gets here! 
 What a difference one year makes. Last year, she wouldn't touch the water & this year she just couldn't get enough.
 This little girl couldn't get enough of the water either. 
 Blowing bubbles in the water. 
 The winds picked up quite a bit so we decided to take the sailboat out.
 so fun!
 Queen Elsa at the beach!
 Just take a look at my oasis! 

ahhh. can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment