November 17, 2010

Happy Hump Day!

Look what we picked up at the store today:


It's a miniature juicy suit! If you know me at all-you had to see this one coming! I love my juicy couture everything & when I saw this one hanging on the rack I just couldn't resist!

I am thrilled to announce that Dad will be back home on Friday! The time has slipped away this time.  I guess that's one thing you can say about having a child-she keeps me occupied. =) We are so excited though-just in time for Thanksgiving & putting up CHRISTMAS! I cannot wait for all the holidays to start-family, friends, and food-what fun! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays-weird I know...I just love cooking with my Mom, seeing everyone, soaking in every minute.  Then that night around 1:00 AM Mom, Alli & I all get started Christmas shopping.  We have been doing this for about 6 years now & I look forward to that anticipated shopping more than any other day (aside from Christmas eve & Christmas day...oh and my Birthday!!!) There is something so magical about the smells, laughter, and sights all around! Pure joy!

Well, we go to the Dr. next Tuesday for Blakely's six month check up.  I am excited to see what the scale says now-can't get ours to work...She has now started green beans & appearing to love them! She started oatmeal too this week. She didn't so much like it at first, but then after a couple of days & me making it runnier-likes it lots! Zizi is loving all this new food too-there is never a feeding session that Zizi is not right there to clean up the mess.  As it turns out, Zizi LOVES peas, green beans, rice, oatmeal and formula! Yuck-guess she will eat anything!

I am daily amazed at the mental growth of B these days.  She is totally bored out of her mind with everything I give her. She just doesn't care much about her jumper, jumperoo, swing (HATES it), exersaucer, books, or any gadgets! Just about the only thing she likes is new people, being outside, and kissing her face while singing/talking constantly.  One word for this-EXHAUSTING! So, I went out today and did it. I bought My Baby Can Read...Yep, I know all the controversy about it & I don't care. I have been wanting to do the program from the time I found out I was pregnant, and guess what? Day one was a success! She loved it. It was the first time in such a long time she was content. It's not all TV by the way-most of it is me using flash cards & books showing her things.  The TV part is only a couple of minutes. I'll let you know later on how she progresses!

Alright, well it's 10:50 & right on cue I hear that little bundle of joy screaming-we still aren't quite back to sleeping through the night...Every night I think 'this is it, we're gonna make it' & NOPE...10 times nope! Off to put the paci in & turn on sleepie the sheepie.

Night Night-PRAY FOR ME! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment