November 7, 2010

Another 2 weeks...

Clint arrived in Connecticut around 5:00 this afternoon-which means, we are on our own for another two week long stretch!  Today seemed harder than the last time, not sure why but there were some tears with this one.  Maybe it was because we had such a fun weekend.  I guess that old saying that 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' is true!

We got to go eat pizza at Davenports in Mountain Brook on Friday night.  We took Blakely-which turned out to be quite an ordeal.  She was sleeping like a little angel in the car on the way, and then as soon as we walked in the hostess dropped a pan making a huge 'bAAAAng'.  We were NOT happy after that woke us up, to say the least.  Dining out will never be the same, I am quickly figuring out! Life is a funny adventure after you have kids.  We looked around the tiny restaurant to see who was about to kill us and our screaming baby only to find that almost every single couple in the place had children around the same age.  What a relief-we knew they understood! We finally sat down at our table and she calmed down after some time! Funny enough-we had such a great time just laughing at the situation.  Oh and did I mention that I spilled an entire glass of water all over the table and floor? Yep, I guess I was just frazzled from all the commotion. (well partially that and mainly that I am and will always be such a clutz!) So then Saturday we got to get out and visit Mimi and Gran.  I tried to get some good pictures but things just didn't work out.  So, no pictures for today.  We had a great time though.

We got out and found some really great Christmas presents for the little one! =) I cannot wait for Christmas! It is so fun to think up fun traditions for the upcoming years and imagine her waking up to Santa.  That excitement will be so much fun to witness! I am holding back this year and as much as it is killing me, I am waiting to put up our tree and decorations until after Thanksgiving.  I am trying to enjoy every second of fall and this wonderful blessed season! I don't want to rush any of it! HINCE my blog background change!

We aren't up to much in the upcoming week-I'm gonna try to finish up those few Christmas outfits for B & maybe try to figure out fondant! Fondant is something that I had intentions of mastering this past year but never quite got around to it.  I just love watching Cake Boss & wish I could be even half that talented! The bad thing about baking, especially in an empty house, is the aftermath of the dessert! I wish I knew lots of people I could donate my experiments to! I love to bake, it is such therapy to me-as is eating-emotional eating that is--not a good combination =)

Alright, wow-that is a long post! It's been a while since I have rambled on here! Guess that is what an absence of pictures will do!

Til' next time, God Bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment