February 23, 2016

12 months

My sweet Alli Kate, 
You bring joy with your smile. 
You bring comfort with your 'hugs' (you will cuddle your forehead into my arm or chin)
You bring peace in your happiness.
You are a blessing in this family. 
 I truly cannot believe you are one, yet it feels like you have always been a part of our family.
 We went to the doctor this month for your one year check up and you are looking great! 
30.5 inches Long (90%)
21lb 7 oz (75%)
18.75 inches head cir. (98%)
 You are so close to walking. You stand unassisted often but as soon as you realize that you are not holding on to anything you hit the ground.
You are a crawling machine. You are so so so fast! 

This month your favorite things are things have been toilet water, brother and sister's small choking hazard toys, wall outlets, crayons, Zizi's water bowl, cups filled with water or coffee, breakable dishes in kitchen cabinets, rubber bands, chalk, markers. You are in to EVERYTHING girl! 
 I've been trying to move you from bottle to sip and it isn't going great. You like your bottle. I have finally basically transitioned you into milk, but you are still having 2 oz of warm formula mixed in those bottles. You are not taking to cold milk at all. You love that temperature warm!

You LOVE your paci. There is very little time each day that it isn't in your mouth. You have become very attached to your blankets. They are the swaddle blankets that you've had in your crib since birth. You don't seem to prefer one over the other, which is nice. You don't seem very interested in any stuffed animals like Blakely and Parker, but those blankets sure do bring you comfort.

You love to be held and will often cry at me until I pick you up!

Other things you love:
1. You love the vacuum and will squeal in delight if I turn it on. You follow it and are so happy the entire time it is turned on.
2. You love your sister and brother and follow them around everywhere. This month with Parker home all day every day, you don't often leave his side. He sometimes gets annoyed with you crawling all over him, but you are none the wiser.
3. Food, you LOVE food. You eat everything and Mommy and Daddy are so so so thankful! You have eaten kale, tuna, salmon, broccoli (You love broccoli), bell pepper, rice, potatoes, steak, chicken, green beans, sweet potatoes, squash, apples, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple...
 Things you don't like:
Baths, you really really do not like baths.
Diaper changes!
Being hungry.
Waiting in the car for Blakely in carpool (when every other baby on the planet normally has been napping for an hour or two..)
Sitting in a poo poo.
Being told 'No" It hurts your feelings.
Church, you very much do not like getting dropped off!
Your hair is getting curly the longer it grows. I love your 4 teeth that peek through with your smile.
I love your eyes-so many comments from strangers come in regard to your beautiful blue eyes. I love your laugh. It is contagious. If I am feeling down, I make you laugh and I instantly feel better! I love your toes, your belly button, and your tiny fingers. You are my heart little doodle. (or one 5th of it anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment