May 5, 2014

Pawpaw's 90th

This past weekend our entire family on Wolfie's side took ourselves a trip to Savannah! We had such a great time! We took Blakely and left Parker & Zizi behind with Mimi. Leaving Parker was especially hard for me this trip…not sure why, it just was! Clint and I have plans to go away to West Palm Beach towards the end of June for 7 days…I now have no idea how I'm going to do that.

Here is how our trip began…all comfy in our pjs, picking out a special sweet treat for the start of our 6.5 hour voyage.  
 Mimi packed B up such a thoughtful and fun survival kit for the road…About 3 hours into the trip I realized that she had been fully entertained by the fun goodies the entire time. SO thankful for her efforts! It definitely made our trip more enjoyable.
 We got there around 4 with plenty of time to explore before supper. 
 Really fun environment overall. I was shocked to see the amount of smokers everywhere though! I seem to get a migraine if I even look at someone smoking from afar, so it was really a problem for me when every other person seemed to just light up in front of me…That would be my only issue with the city! I just couldn't get over how many smokers there were!
 The city is FULL of history. I'm not much of a history buff to say the least, but it was still pretty interesting to see places of war memorials and buildings built in the early 1800s. 
 This little girl did amazing. I really really did not expect for her to be such a great little traveler. She was so extremely happy the entire trip. Now that we are back home, the whining has started back in full throttle.
 We explored the city on a tour bus that was really entertaining. Like I said before, I'm just not that into history, but our driver was HILARIOUS! She made it really fun to learn!



 Afterwards, we got ICE CREAM!
 and….I SAW AND PET A PIG! For anyone who knows me…this is a BIG deal! 
 Most people who know that I want to get a pig as a pet think I am crazy…well if you don't like pigs, I think you are crazy, so there.
 Lucky for me, Blakely loved getting to love on him too! 

 That night we celebrated this man. 90 years old. Wow! He is doing phenomenally well.
 The weather turned out to be just beautiful. 
 Pawpaw with his children & Catherine.
 Supper time!
 Gift time!
 The next morning was Sunday, our day to head home! We got up and ate a really yummy breakfast and packed up. Blakely was still filled to the brim with happiness!
 One last random picture for the post that made me happy…

No comments:

Post a Comment