June 1, 2013

Organic

We are on the healthy & Organic bandwagon once again. I am determined to get our little Blakely feeling better. I swapped us completely over last Sunday the 20th. I can tell a ridiculous difference in my energy level. After all I'm eating stuff like this... (tasted like dirt upon first bite)
 Blueberry Flax Oatmeal with Honey
instead of poptarts...

Clint is along for the ride & been very supportive of me and the jump in grocery bills...
My next move is to try and get us gluten free. I've already skimmed most of our gluten out by eliminating boxed foods. I've been finding great recipes for snacks online!

Hopefully I can stay dedicated and make it our way of life! 

2 comments:

  1. We are on that same bandwagon too! :-) Always looking for ways to cut costs. I'm making my own apple sauce and gummies now. No added sugar. All natural. And instead of poptarts for Aiden in the morning I make him smoothies. Prepared the night before they are quick and easy to grab in the mornings as we hurry to school and work. Whatever is in season (strawberries, squash, tomatoes, etc) I'm freezing or canning for the offseason (Gotta love having a large deepfreeze in the garage).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention. Besides local honey, you should try giving the kids bee pollen. I mix it in with Aiden's yogurt. He hasn't had any asthma issues since I've done it. I'm going to start taking it myself because Memphis is HORRIBLE place for allergies/sinus issues...

    ReplyDelete