May 19, 2011

yes, we're still alive...

I just realized today that it has been almost a month since I last posted. We have had a CRAZY May this year...Clint came down with Meningitis which totally overwhelmed us all. All I have ever heard growing up from my parents is how dangerous Meningitis is. (They had a neighbor die from the bacterial form) Anyways, I totally freaked when Clint's temp spiked to 105.6 yes, 105.6! I didn't even know a human could have a temp that high. I called the dr. and was told to calmly drive my husband to the ER. They also threw in that I should quickly do this as his fever could cause him to slip into a coma and never wake up...I can honestly say that I have never been that scared. I was balling the entire way to the hospital. So Blakely, Clint & I finally got back to see the doctor & after 6 hours and about a million tests found out that his condition was in fact meningitis. They seem to believe that he got this horrible thing from all the visits to the devastation due to the tornados that came through. There were many cases of first responders ending up in the hospital with respiratory issues due to the air around the devastation.

...but 2 weeks later and lots of meds and sleep later, Clint is back to normal. THANK YOU GOD! Neither me nor Blakely got this horrible thing & everybody is happy.

I have learned something about myself that I never really knew before this whole incident. I take on tons of projects when I am faced with stressful situations. I guess it is some defense mechanism in how I deal with stress. Last year when I was super pregnant, working full time, Clint didn't have a job & we had no money I started my little 3 businesses on etsy and selling around town. Now looking back, I have absolutely no idea how or why I tried to take on so much. This month I decided to remodel our entire home. I have painted our office, den, kitchen & bedroom. Oh and the backyard, I fixed our backyard!!! Don't worry pictures are to soon follow I just haven't gotten our camera out yet. It is crazy what some paint will do! The more I changed the more I realized just how much I hated the stuff on our walls & the furniture. Well, the furniture will have to stay for quite sometime since we do not have a money tree growing in that newly created backyard, but the other stuff like paint and wall decor-bring it on! Of course, working on a tight budget makes it challenging.

On a different note, my sweet little B turns ONE in one week from yesterday! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I am so proud of her! On Monday she took her official first step. It was only one mind you, but a step nonetheless. She is so strong. She holds herself standing for at least 30 seconds at a time. She is literally into EVERYTHING these days. She is so much fun though. I plan on going somewhere Sunday to get some really good shots of her.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you all are ok! I can't wait to see y'all this weekend and next weekend for Blakely's Birthday. I can't believe she's a year old :)

    ReplyDelete