August 28, 2017

A new school year

This girl was pretty excited to be starting 1st grade!!!
on meet the teacher!
Margret Flynt will be across the hall!
Parker was super excited to start!



With a couple of weeks until this girl starts her 2K at CDS, she got to be my sidekick most everywhere...even PTO meetings!
Parker's teacher is so great about sending us pictures!!! I love seeing him at school!

 silly faces on the first day of school!


 Promotion Sunday came and went at Dawson! The preschool ministry was creative as always getting the kids excited about the change. Each animal was a different grade/hallway!

 B was a little disappointed to not be in 'preschool' anymore, but they made her feel super special by giving her a 1st grade Bible the next week. They even had a brunch for the grade and called them up one by one! Have I mentioned how much I love Dawson?



FINALLY, AK's turn!

 At first she wasn't so sure about this drop off carpool thing, now she seems to love it!







 I will note, for document sake that this year started pretty rocky for Parker man. There were mornings where the assistant Principal had to sit with him in the hall for an hour and a half while because he refused to go into his classroom. We worked together (the school, drs and me) to get him an IEP and 504. It is in the works!

B got officially screened as Dyslexic and is getting help!!! Such an answered prayer. So...we are working through some difficulties academically with her.

AK is loving Mrs. Casey taking her home each day after school for rest!!!! And Mimi has come to our rescue each Thursday so I can go to work! She seems to love school and her teachers. I will say, I pulled her out of CDS last year and changed her to the ELC, thinking that 5 days would be a great fit for everyone. After walking in on meet the teacher...my heart was screaming otherwise. I called Brooke at CDS and there was an opening. God had this the whole time...even the small things! I am just so thankful it all worked out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment