November 10, 2011

Clint's week off

We have had such a great week with Clint being off work. On Monday we went shopping, Tuesday went to the Georgia Aquarium & Wednesday went to the zoo to pet Blakely's favorite animals. I have really been trying to soak in this precious time with our little one.

There are so many moments where I just want tomorrow to come, especially since I have felt terrible throughout this pregnancy. I have become so aware lately of the brokenness of this world. I continue to hear such terrible situations that families face, yet the ostrich in me wants to close my eyes and ears. I don't even know how to handle hearing of the sufferings people face. My problems seem so trivial in comparison, however I get consumed and obsessed with them. So consumed, I long for each day to be over before it even starts. There is a strange feeling that overwhelms you when you come across those hospital pictures of your now 17 month as a newborn. For the life of me, I can't seem to even remember all the time between then and now.

I'm afraid I am just now learning that in this life it is always going to be something-money is going to come and go, health is not promised for even one day on this earth, and an easy life was definitely never promised. God did promise us He would never leave or forsake us. I just want to remind myself to stop and look around you-soak in the precious memories & thank God for his many wonderful blessings.

Here are some pictures from our adventures so far this week. =)

This was the first stop of ours. Blakely kept saying 'wow' and 'oooh' at all of the fish.



Here we are touching the sting rays. She had SO much fun with this!


My favorite picture.

Loving on the goats with Daddy.

And the pigs...
hehehe! Love him so much I can't even tell you! I wanted to steal him!






No comments:

Post a Comment